Served piping hot to the last delicious drop (wonder if this is where Maxwell House got the idea!!).....A HAPPY ENDING to any meal
This information is obtained from page 64-65 in the Guardian Service Tested Recipes Book
You've heard the one about coffee-How one morning it's strong enough to stand alone and the next morning too weak to get up. Not so, when prepared the Guardian Way, for coffee clear, sparkling and full of the natural aroma of the roasted bean will be yours everytime. Your Guardian Service Coffee Maker and Beverage Urn prepares coffee by a method that science is proving most satisfactory for flavor, health and economy (most important concerns of Guardian Service for sure!!)It is graceful in design and so convient for serving coffee, as well as other hot and cold beverages at the table.
So, the next expected question is.....Just how does this contraption work??????? How does this beautiful Dripolator make "Guardian Consistently Good Coffee"? Well, here goes the method- you must try it and be the final judge!!
Anyone out there in Guardian Service land actually use this? We have made a pot or two.....we can absolutely attest to the fact that it makes a delectable pot of coffee, but you may think we are prejudice so we do encourage all to give it a try at least once. We have found that not only do these pieces make great display- but indeed are FANTASTIC pieces to actually use!! Hopefully through our discussions here, and a recipe or two, and you'll be sure to try out all your pieces!
On to how this works:
- Heat the beverage urn by rinsing with hot water
- Place dripper in top of the urn and put filter disc with seam down in bottom of the dripper
- Measure into the dripper, 2 teaspoons (1 level tablespoon, if a richer flavor is desired) of standard or drip grind coffee per cup. Do not use pulverized coffee (whatever that may be :) )
- Place water distributor over the coffee , pressing down firmly but not tight.
- Pour in actively boiling water to desired measure. Use fresh cold water brought to a rolling boil. (Dripper is marked 2-4-6-8 cups). For 10 cups, measure proper amount of coffee in dripper, add 8 cups of boiling water and when filtered thru, add 2 cups clear boiling water and mix! (Nifty little trick, eh?)
- Cover and place over very low heat or on a warm part of the stove. Allow about 1 minute per cup for coffee to drip.
- When coffee has dripped thru, remove the dripper, place cover on the urn, adjusting cover with long flange in front of spout to retain heat.
- To serve, turn cover with handle parallel to spout and handle on urn.
If you are going to use the urn for table service, make sure you use a mat or table tile to protectthe table from the heat. You may also use the Guardian Urn for various iced drinks. During the summer weather, the Guardian Urn will do double duty as a beverage pitcher. It acts as a "thermos" container for cold drinks as well as hot ones.
Prepare coffee double strength, cool to room temperature. Fill tall glasses (perhaps the Hostess Gift ones!!) 1/2 full of cracked ice or use 2 ice cubes. Pour the coffee into the glasses. Serve with cream, pass sugar syrup in a pitcher for sweetening ( a spoon of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream is a welcomed treat!!)
Measure 1-1/2 teaspoons tea for each glass of iced tea to be served, into dripper of beverage urn. Follow the same procedure as for coffee. Cool tea, fill glasses 1/2 full of cracked ice, pour tea into glasses. Garnish with a thin lemon slice and a sprig of mint. Pass sugar syrup or warm honey in a pitcher to use for sweetening.
1/4 cup cocoa 1/3 cup sugar 1/8th tsp. salt
1/2 cup water 1 QT milk 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine cocoa, sugar and salt in the unit, add water, stir to blend well. Place uncovered unit over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour milk into Beverage urn, put urn over low heat until milk is scalded. Pour cocoa mixture into urn, add vanilla, stir to blend well.
- Pour into cups, top with whipped cream or marshmallows (Yummy when served chilled as well!!)
Now after putting this in the last couple recipes, we find out what is this sugar syrup!!!
Place 2 cups sugar in Guardian unit, add 1 cup water. Prepare over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (5-7 minutes). Cool, keep in covered jar, use to sweeten cold drinks!!
HMMMM........wonder if this works with a sugar substitute like Splenda?
OK fellow Guardian Lovers....now you possess the "Secret of the Dripolator"!!! Your assisnment, if you choose to accept, will be to try at least one of these recipes and hopefully report back to let us know of your success. Any tips, hints, etc would be greatly appreciated.May yours be Good Health, Pleasure, and Profit in the use of your equipment. Remember, let Guardian Service do the work-you take the honors